COVID-19 vaccines safety COMMUNICATION
Communication about COVID-19 vaccine safety will play a key role in maintaining the public’s confidence in vaccination. Effective communication will require planning and resources, which need to be in place as early as possible before COVID-19 vaccines are available. This module provides guidance on communicating about COVID-19 vaccine safety from a programme perspective. It includes:
• a description of factors that influence people’s perceptions of vaccine safety,
• case studies of past experiences with previous pandemics and vaccine safety issues,
• a synthesis of evidence and recommendations for communication from risk communication,
• hypothetical scenarios that apply these recommendations to the COVID-19 vaccine context, and
• criteria for prioritising responses to vaccine safety issues.